The American Trucking Associations released the ATA Driver Compensation Study with the first look at the state of the trucking labor market since the end of the recession. With data from 2010 and 2011, the new driver compensation study updates the previous report from 2007 and 2008.
The 96-page report synthesizes information from 155 motor carriers of all types and sizes and includes a variety of data, including:
• Employee driver salaries on national and regional levels;
• Employee driver salaries by carrier type (flatbed, refrigerated, tank truck and more);
• Employee driver benefits, including bonuses, insurance, retirement and vacation;
• Employee driver recruitment, training and retention practices;
• Owner-operator employment and compensation structure; and
• Technician employment, salaries and benefits.
The ATA Driver Compensation Study can be purchased at www.atabusinesssolutions.com or by calling (866) 821-3468.
On March 18, Weddle’s trailer crossed over the centerline of the highway, ...