Back on the Road winner announced
David Acosta has been given a chance to start his trucking career anew. The owner-operator and Navy veteran was named Arrow Truck Sales’ Back on the Road winner April 1 in Louisville, Ky. The Orlando, Fla., native was presented with keys to a 2007 Volvo VNL 780, provided by the truck retailer.
Acosta also receives a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express and several other products and services.
Acosta was nominated by his wife Angela, after several tough years and a growing list of repair bills forced him to lose his truck. Medical bills for the couple’s daughter, Amanda, put stress on the family’s finances as well. Amanda has been battling a kidney disease that requires around-the-clock care from her mother, preventing her from working and relying solely on David’s income.
“David constantly puts everybody before himself,” Angela said in her nomination. “Money is extremely tight and our family is struggling more than we ever thought imaginable. We love him so much, and as a family we couldn’t ask for anything better than this opportunity for David to get back on the road.”
The announcement was made by Sirius XM host Dave Nemo. Acosta is the fourth Back on the Road winner, and the truck will provide means to generate income for his family and pay medical bills for his daughter.
“Winning Back on the Road is a blessing for not only me, but my entire family,” Acosta said. “I look forward to representing Arrow Truck Sales and all of the great companies who have given me this wonderful opportunity.”
View a video of Acosta accepting his award here.
Acosta also received:
- X One XDA Energy tires from Michelin
- Auxiliary power unit from Thermo King
- Monthly $500 fuel cards from Pilot Travel Centers
- Business consulting tools from ATBS
- OOIDA insurance
- 3-year/300-thousand-mile warranty from National Truck Protection
- One year worth of filter products from Genuine Volvo Parts
- Custom truck paint job provided Dickinson Fleet Services
- Truck accessories and fenders from Minimizer Products
- Memory foam mattress provided by SleepDog Mattress
- Truck paint from DuPont
- Personalized health and wellness coaching with “Trucker Trainer” Bob Perry