Cargo Bracing Bar

| November 01, 2001


Fleet-Specific Parts CD

Peterbilt Motors Company offers a fleet-specific electronic parts catalog on CD-ROM to fleet participants of its TruckCare services program. According to Scott Pearson, Peterbilt general marketing manager, the TruckCare Fleet ECAT contains parts listings and drawings for all trucks a customer may have in his fleet.

Peterbilt says the electronic parts catalog saves time when technicians identify parts needed for repairs or maintenance, since the CD doesn’t only include parts needed for that fleet. The ECAT also contains engine parts information for each specific truck.

Started in 1995, TruckCare includes the free customer assistance call center, a service charge card, quick lube service, managed preventive maintenance program, computerized parts inventory systems and the ECAT.

The call center represents the backbone of the system, handling an average of 1,200 calls a day. Clevinger said 60 percent of calls the center receives request roadside breakdown assistance, while the remaining 40 percent are for scheduling maintenance or information such as dealer locations.

According to Dick Von Lehman, national sales and marketing manager, service for Paccar Parts, about 2,500 vehicles are registered in the TruckCare managed maintenance program. The program can be tailored to meet a fleet’s specific needs, Von Lehman said, and features PM and unscheduled maintenance, priority service, consistent pricing throughout Peterbilt’s service provider network, consolidated billing, service-due reminders and web-based reporting.

Fleets can access password-protected web reports on scheduled maintenance or maintenance cost histories for each vehicle in the fleet.

Peterbilt Motors Company
(800) 4-PETERBILT
www.peterbilt.com


Justin Workboots

Justin Original Workboots’ new hunting boot has a camouflaged mossy oak Cordura top that resists punctures and tears. It has seam-sealed waterproof construction for added durability and comfort, and the lacer style has 400-gram Thinsulate insulation for added warmth. The hunting boot offers a padded T-bar collar for added ankle support.

The two-tone boot combines the appearance of a cowboy boot with the function and comfort of a work boot. The boot comes in leather combinations that include an aged bark vamp with a black Odessa top and a bay traction vamp with an aged bark top.

Justin Brands
(800) 3-JUSTIN
www.justinbrands.com


Car Wash Guys

Contrary to the name, Car Wash Guys washes more than cars; they can wash an entire fleet of trucks as well as equipment and properties such as tanks, parking areas and garage bays. The service is provided on location. Car Wash Guys also washes individual owner-operators’ trucks and does detailing. The company uses reverse-osmosis water, not deionized water, to help protect clearcoats.

Cargo Bracing Bar

| November 01, 2001

Fleet-Specific Parts CD

Peterbilt Motors Company offers a fleet-specific electronic parts catalog on CD-ROM to fleet participants of its TruckCare services program. According to Scott Pearson, Peterbilt general marketing manager, the TruckCare Fleet ECAT contains parts listings and drawings for all trucks a customer may have in his fleet.

Peterbilt says the electronic parts catalog saves time when technicians identify parts needed for repairs or maintenance, since the CD doesn’t only include parts needed for that fleet. The ECAT also contains engine parts information for each specific truck.

Started in 1995, TruckCare includes the free customer assistance call center, a service charge card, quick lube service, managed preventive maintenance program, computerized parts inventory systems and the ECAT.

The call center represents the backbone of the system, handling an average of 1,200 calls a day. Clevinger said 60 percent of calls the center receives request roadside breakdown assistance, while the remaining 40 percent are for scheduling maintenance or information such as dealer locations.

According to Dick Von Lehman, national sales and marketing manager, service for Paccar Parts, about 2,500 vehicles are registered in the TruckCare managed maintenance program. The program can be tailored to meet a fleet’s specific needs, Von Lehman said, and features PM and unscheduled maintenance, priority service, consistent pricing throughout Peterbilt’s service provider network, consolidated billing, service-due reminders and web-based reporting.

Fleets can access password-protected web reports on scheduled maintenance or maintenance cost histories for each vehicle in the fleet.

Peterbilt Motors Company
(800) 4-PETERBILT
www.peterbilt.com


Justin Workboots

Justin Original Workboots’ new hunting boot has a camouflaged mossy oak Cordura top that resists punctures and tears. It has seam-sealed waterproof construction for added durability and comfort, and the lacer style has 400-gram Thinsulate insulation for added warmth. The hunting boot offers a padded T-bar collar for added ankle support.

The two-tone boot combines the appearance of a cowboy boot with the function and comfort of a work boot. The boot comes in leather combinations that include an aged bark vamp with a black Odessa top and a bay traction vamp with an aged bark top.

Justin Brands
(800) 3-JUSTIN
www.justinbrands.com


Car Wash Guys

Contrary to the name, Car Wash Guys washes more than cars; they can wash an entire fleet of trucks as well as equipment and properties such as tanks, parking areas and garage bays. The service is provided on location. Car Wash Guys also washes individual owner-operators’ trucks and does detailing. The company uses reverse-osmosis water, not deionized water, to help protect clearcoats.

Comments are closed.

OverdriveOnline.com strives to maintain an open forum for reader opinions. Click here to read our comment policy.