The Florida Department of Transportation’s toll-free traffic service, 511 Traveler Information System, is designed to keep people and goods moving safely through Florida. The service provides traffic information to drivers.
There are four ways for professional drivers to receive traffic updates:
For professional drivers heading out of state, users can transfer to neighboring 511 systems in Georgia and Louisiana to find out if traffic backups lie ahead.
Traffic Updates on Twitter
For traffic updates via Twitter, FDOT encourages travelers to follow the Florida 511 Twitter feeds:
Florida 511 Features
· Traffic information on all interstate highways, toll roads and many other metropolitan roadways.
· Commuter travel times and reports on crashes, congestion and construction.
· Public transit, airport and seaport information.
· AMBER, Silver and LEO Alerts
· FL511.com provides travel information, traffic camera views and free personalized services, including customized travel routes and e-mail, text and phone call alerts.
· Voice-activated and touch-tone navigation available when calling 511.
· The 511 phone call and FL511.com website are available in English and Spanish