Former Willie’s Place reopens as Petro travel center
TravelCenters of America has reopened the former Willie’s Place truck stop in Carl’s Corner, Texas, as a Petro Stopping Place full-service travel center.
TCA bought the Dallas-area property March 1 after it was posted for foreclosure.
The Carl’s Corner convenience store and truck stop opened Willie Nelson’s Truck Stop, known as Willie’s Place, in 2008. Nelson was an equity holder in the business.
Before reopening, the site at exit 374 off I-35 underwent a $1.5 million renovation, including:
- A renovated, 198-seat Iron Skillet restaurant, with 30 outdoor seats;
- A new driver’s lounge with a 55-inch flat screen television and 16 leather chairs;
- Seven remodeled showers;
- Two sets of renovated restrooms;
- A redesigned 2,600-foot travel store;
- More than 100 truck parking spaces; and
- A new laundry room.
Additional amenities, including a Dunkin’ Donuts, are planned.