Goodyear offers big-fleet pricing package to owner-ops
A market-share leader in the sales and service of commercial tires to the largest fleets is rolling out out a special pricing package aimed at owner-operators and small fleets – and at improving its share of that market segment.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s new Smart Fleet program gives those small business truckers full access to many of the advantages that larger trucking fleets enjoy.
“The new Goodyear Smart Fleet program has been designed for customers who want ‘the best of the best’ and gives owner-operators through mid-size fleets access to benefits that up until now were reserved for Goodyear national account fleets,” says Jose Martinez, business solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
The company was so confident that the program would meet the needs of its targeted customers, Goodyear moved up the launch almost 6 months for last weekend’s Heart of America Trucking Show, presented by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, Martinez told Overdrive.
“We though it was a perfect fit,” he says, and he emphasizes that customer input will shape the program moving forward. “If this program looks the same in six months, I will be disappointed. We want to hear back. We want to make the program better and give owner-operators what they need to be successful.”
Owner-operators and fleets that join the Goodyear Smart Fleet program will enjoy:
- Access to premium Goodyear branded truck tires and technologies, including Fuel Max Technology, which incorporates fuel-saving compounds and construction to help promote energy efficiency; DuraSeal Technology, the industry’s only self-sealing tire technology; and more.
- Online, published pricing on new tires, retreads and services, which will be honored by participating, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships.
- A 24/7 roadside service program, offered through the Goodyear-FleetHQ suite of business solutions. “On average, Goodyear-FleetHQ gets trucks up and running in two hours and 11 minutes,” noted Martinez. “In addition, Smart Fleet members will not have to pay a dispatch fee for road service calls, which can add up to significant
- Customized tire performance and service activity reporting, “which helps fleets manage their tire investment more effectively.”
- Tools to help fleets lower their operating costs and improve their results.
“All prices will be published at national account rates, which eliminates uncertainty around price,” says Martinez. “Smart Fleet members will receive the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire dealership nationwide, so there are no pricing surprises, whether on the road or at home.”
Smart Fleet members also will have the ability to streamline the scheduling of tire and service appointments by providing relevant information online, ahead of time, he said.
“Members of Goodyear’s extensive commercial tire and service network, which encompasses more than 2,200 locations nationwide, are ready to assist Smart Fleet members with the products and services they need to keep their trucks up and running.”
To sign up for the new Goodyear Smart Fleet program, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.com/smartfleet, click on the “Join Now” button, click on “Apply Now,” and fill out and submit an easy-to-complete application form.
Once approved, Smart Fleet members will receive a welcome package from Goodyear that includes detailed program and contact information; an identification card with a unique membership number; relevant tire and retread specs and pricing; a list of the top three recommended, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships in their area and more, the company says.
"There probably should be some minimum standards. But as long as the ...