The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is searching for U.S. and Canadian drivers who come to the rescue of fellow motorists.
Nominations for the 26th annual Goodyear North America Highway Hero Awards will be accepted through Nov. 30. To be considered for this year’s award, the following criteria must be met:
• Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
• Nominee must be a resident of the United States or Canada;
• Incident recognized must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
• Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
• Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more; and
• Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2007, and Nov. 15, 2008, to qualify.
“The Highway Hero program is for those who selflessly risk life and limb to come to the aid of fellow motorists or who make the world a better place for allToo many times,” says Joe Copeland, vice president for Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
Anyone can nominate a truck driver for this honor. Nomination forms and program details may be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The nomination form also is available at www.goodyear.com/truck/news/hero.html.
An owner-operator has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in ...