San Antonio has been good to Jason Swann.
The Rush Truck Center (RTC) – Dallas technician was named Overall Grand Champion at the 2013 Rush Tech Rodeo Tuesday night, also winning top honors in the heavy-duty Eaton category and being named Heavy-Duty Grand Champion for the fourth time in his career.
Swann pocketed $15,500 in cash and prizes and earned himself a dollar an hour pay raise Tuesday night, along with a racing helmet and fire suit autographed by NASCAR racer Tony Stewart, who was sponsored by Rush Truck Center for three races this past season.
Lance Kilburn, of RTC – Atlanta, was named Overall Medium-Duty Champion. Kilburn also finished second in the medium-duty International division. Kilburn won $9,500 in cash and prizes along with a dollar an hour pay raise.
Steven Brain was named Medium-Duty Reserve Champion and Ron Crofutt was named Heavy-Duty Reserve Champion.
Other winners in this year’s competition were:
• Gonzalo Uribe, natural gas
• Louis Fontano, refuse
• Jayson McCarty, bus
• Humberto Elizondo, body repair
• Celestino Ramirez, body paint
• Steven Brain, medium-duty Hino
• Gavin Mathews, medium-duty Isuzu
• Gary Fassett, medium-duty International
• Mark Jones, medium-duty Peterbilt
• Sherman Brack, heavy-duty Cummins
• Travis Roark, heavy-duty, Paccar MX
• Dylan Moser, heavy-duty MaxxForce
• Robert Henry, heavy-duty Allison
"Until a formal regulation is established with clear guidelines and borders ...