Three new tolls on bridges over the Ohio River, including the Abraham Lincoln Bridge (pictured), are scheduled to start Dec. 30, while toll rates in several states are set to increase at or near the beginning of 2017.
With 2017 on the horizon, BestPass is reminding drivers of new tolls and increasing toll rates across the country.
Beginning Dec. 30, three Ohio River bridges will begin tolling — the new I-65 Abraham Lincoln Bridge, the I-65 Kennedy Bridge and the new East End bridge. These toll locations are all-electronic with no toll booth. BestPass says its services will cover these tools.
The company offers transponders compatible with E-ZPass and other toll methods.
The company also warned of several increased toll rates coming in other states around the first of the year:
- E-ZPass and cash customers on the Pennsylvania Turnpike will see a 6 percent increase beginning Jan. 8.
- Truckers in Illinois will see a 10 percent increase from 2014’s toll rate.
- Five-axle trucks on the Chicago Skyway will see tolls increase from $25.20 during peak times to $29.40 during those hours.
- Virginia’s Elizabeth River tunnel rates will increase for heavy vehicles from $6 to $7.70 during peak hours.
- Oklahoma Turnpike rates are increasing 12 percent for both cash and transponder users.