Overdrive, TCA announce finalists in driver contests
The Truckload Carriers Association and co-sponsor Overdrive have announced three finalists in each of two Driver of the Year contests.
The six finalists will attend TCA’s annual meeting March 23-26 near Dallas, where the winners will be announced for both the Owner-Operator of the Year and Company Driver of the Year awards. The two winners will be featured on Overdrive.
The owner-operator finalists are:
- Thomas Miller, leased to Prime Inc., based in Springfield, Mo. Miller lives in Bunker Hill, Ill.
- Bryan Smith, leased to Art Pape Transfer, based in Dubuque, Iowa. Smith lives in Asbury, Iowa.
- Terrance Smith, leased to SLH Transport, based in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Smith lives in Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada.
The company driver finalists are:
- Reuben Dupsky, Fremont Contract Carriers, based in Fremont, Neb. Dupsky lives in Fremont.
- Jack Fielding, Bison Transport, based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Fielding lives in McKellar, Ontario, Canada.
- Allan Raffay, Prime Inc. Raffay lives in Hawley, Pa.
“Overdrive always takes pride in highlighting the nation’s successful owner-operators and drivers,” says Brad Holthaus, vice president of sales for Trucking Media at Overdrive’s publisher, Randall-Reilly. “These finalists are clearly six of the best. I know whoever wins will serve the industry well as an example of safety, professionalism and service.”
The finalists were selected based on safety, efforts to enhance the trucking industry’s image, and contributions to their communities. Eligibility requirements included having driven one million consecutive, accident-free miles.
“It is always such a privilege to be able to work with professional drivers of this caliber,” said Tom Kretsinger, Jr., president of American Central Transport, Inc., Liberty, Missouri, and TCA’s chairman. “I wish we could give every one of them the title of ‘Driver of the Year.’”