Get in-depth information about the current state of owner-operator compensation by listening to a recent Overdrive webinar presented by Gordon Klemp, president of National Transportation Institute. Download the free, one-hour presentation at TruckerWebinars.com.
Among NTI’s top-ranked carriers
• American Central Transport – Liberty, Mo.
• Barr-Nunn – Granger, Iowa
• Crete Carrier – Lincoln, Neb.
• Heartland Express – North Liberty, Iowa
• Hunt Transportation – Omaha, Neb.
• Marten Transport – Mondovi, Wis.
• Millis Transfer – Black River Falls, Wis.
• Roehl Transport – Marshfield, Wis.
• Shaffer Trucking – New Kingstown, Pa
• Schneider National – Green Bay, Wis.
• Transport America – Egan, Minn.
• USA Truck – Fort Smith, Ark.
The National Transportation Institute ranks these dozen carriers, listed here alphabetically, among the highest in overall compensation for over-the-road and regional owner-operators. Carriers come from about 300 companies of all sizes that provide detailed information to NTI and are ranked against competitors of similar size, with weighted results. All rank highly in pay, benefits and stability, based on measurements such as Dun & Bradstreet rating and driver turnover.