Peterbilt releases ‘Epiq’ fuel economy package, special edition anniversary truck
The most visually exciting news from Peterbilt today was the new 75th Anniversary commemorative Model 579 tractor, which features a striking red and white paint job and a whole host of exclusive features.
The two-color paint design is similar to that found on the original 1939 Peterbilt (as well as the 50th anniversary edition Peterbilt), and is enhanced with a premium interior with exclusive logos and a unique numbered nameplate.
Sproull said exterior features of the special edition model include:
• A complete bright package, reminiscent of Peterbilt’s show truck heritage, includes bright outside sunvisor, rear view mirror housing and three-piece steel bumper with chrome finish.
• A highly polished hood crown that surrounds a new oval grille design.
• Exclusive 75th anniversary emblems on the sleeper, side hood bright air intake bezel and new bright rocker panels.
• A new optional 75th anniversary two-color paint design. A new proprietary color called Diamond Red was introduced for this model. Diamond Red – created in partnership with Axalta Coating Systems and part of their Imron Elite brand – is showcased on trucks exhibited at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
• Rear stainless steel mudflap hangers with anniversary emblem.
Sproull said the interior of the Model 579 75th Anniversary Edition includes numerous exclusive touches and accessories, including:
• Peterbilt’s premium Platinum Titanium interior accentuated with a new charcoal dash top and Blackwood finish trim accents. The Blackwood trim accents provide a uniform flow across the door pads and onto the sleeper cabinets while distinct carpet lines the spacious cab and sleeper floor.
• A sequentially numbered 75th anniversary emblem is added to the dash accent trim.
• The multi-function steering wheel is lined with custom red stitching.
• Exclusive Peterbilt Evolution LX seats in black leather to complement the interior and boasts the 75th emblem stitched into the headrest.
• Bright gauge bezels, chrome interior handle, bright logo’d shifter plate and bright shift lever featuring a Blackwood finish shifter knob (available only with manual transmissions).