Recipe: Roast beef roll-ups
This is a recipe that’s easy to make ahead and carry with you, or you can make it on the road if you have access to the ingredients. Plan ahead for items you will need to carry with you.
* 2 tablespoons (Tbsp )light cream cheese (80 cal, 7g fat, 2g carbs)
* 2 6-inch whole wheat tortillas (120 cal, 4g fat, 24g carbs, 16g dietary fiber)
* 6 slices deli-style roast beef (140 calories, 4g fat)
* Pepper to taste
* 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce (10 cal, .2g fat, 1.8g carbs, 1.2g dietary fiber)
* 2 Tbsp horseradish mustard (30 cal, 6g carbs)
Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese down the center of each tortilla and top each with 3 ounces of roast beef. Grind some fresh pepper over top. Place 1/2 cup of lettuce on each tortilla, drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of mustard and then roll tortillas up.
Total calories: 380
Total fat: 15.2g
Total carbohydrates: 33.8g
Total dietary fiber: 17.2g
This recipe represents a quick and easy idea that’s easy to carry with you on the road. Try pairing it with baked or light chips, a piece of fruit and a diet drink or water for a healthy lunch.