Sylectus holding ‘Driver Story’ Contest During National Transportation Week
Sylectus, a business unit of Omnitracs, announced the launch of its Driver Story contest. Open exclusively to current and retired drivers of carriers subscribing to Sylectus’ services, the contest invites drivers to submit their most compelling delivery stories for an opportunity to win a variety of prizes.
Contest details are as follows:
- Start Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- End Date: Friday, June 6, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Categories (Winners selected for each category):
- Improving the Common Good: Helping the human race at large; for example, delivering special aid to a large group of people in need
- Uplifting/Moving: Assisting in a time of need; for example, helping a stranded motorist in a blizzard
- Humorous/Funny: The many antics that can happen on the road
- Length Requirement: 1,000 words max; all submissions must be written and submitted online here. Entries are limited to three per driver.
Winning submissions in each category will receive the following prizes:
- First place—iPad
- Second place—iPhone
- Third place—iPod
The judging panel will select the top three submissions in each category and winners will be announced at the Expedite Expo in Wilmington, Ohio, July 25-26. For contest rules and additional details, please visit: https://www.sylectus.com/DriverStories.aspx.
One insurance rep cites a likely 25 percent increase in premiums for ...