Eighteen companies will compete for two grand prizes in the Truckload Carriers Association’s 35th annual National Fleet Safety Awards.
The top three top winners in six divisions are based on an audited-verified accident frequency per million miles driven. Judges award one grand prize in the “less than 25 million annual miles” category and one in the “25 million or more annual miles” category.
The contest, sponsored by Great West Casualty Co., selects grand prize winners on the companies’ overall safety programs.
The division and grand prize winners will be honored during the annual TCA convention March 13-16 and TCA’s Safety & Security Division meeting May 15-17.
Last year’s grand prize winners were Canadian-based Erb International for companies with an annual mileage of less than 25 million miles and Wisconsin-based Roehl Transport for annual mileages of 25 million or more miles.
Winning companies are listed in the order they placed in each division.
• Less than 5 million miles: Art Pape Transfer, Dubuque, Iowa; Excargo Services, Houston; and Five Star Trucking, Willoughby, Ohio.
• Five million to less than 15 million miles: Brian Kurtz Trucking, Breslau, Ontario; Stagecoach Cartage & Distribution, El Paso, Texas; and Diamond Transportation System, Racine, Wis.
• Fifteen million to less than 25 million miles: MacKinnon Transport, Guelph, Ontario; D & D Sexton, Carthage, Mo.; and Convoy Systems, Kansas City, Kan.
• Twenty-five million to less than 50 million miles: Kennesaw Transportation, White, Ga.; Sunrise Express, Grand Island, Neb.; and Transport Designs, Burnsville, Minn.
• Fifty million to less than 100 million miles: Carter Express, Anderson, Ind.; Groupe Robert, Boucherville, Québec; and Hogan Transports, St. Louis.
• 100 million or more miles: Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba; Gordon Trucking, Pacific, Wash.; and Roehl Transport, Marshfield, Wis.
An owner-operator has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in ...