The Minnesota Trucking Association has an ongoing video contest — taking entries through July 31 — that asks drivers to answer the question “What would be cool about being a truck driver?” The winning video will net the creator $1,000, and you might consider it an opportunity to do right by the profession.
And here’s another little bit of intelligence — as of this morning the MTA hadn’t received a single qualifying entry. Your chances of winning may well be good. Following find abbreviated rules. For more, check out this page on MTA’s Facebook profile. After you’ve uploaded your vid to YouTube, you can make your entry official here.
• All video submissions must be 10 minutes or less.
• All video submissions must focus on the “What Would Be COOL About Being A Truck Driver?”
• All video submissions must be original content not publicly displayed before.
• All video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube before being submitted through www.mntruck.org.
• All video submissions must allow embedding (http://support.google.com/youtube)
• No video submissions shall have a visual or verbal reference to any websites other than the Minnesota Trucking Association (MTA) or American Trucking Associations (ATA).
• No video submissions shall endorse any private products, services or enterprises.
• No video submissions shall contain profane language, violence, weapons, sexually explicit content, or personal attacks of people or organizations.
• No video submissions shall contain obscene, hateful, offensive, or slanderous content.
• No video submissions shall contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
"Until a formal regulation is established with clear guidelines and borders ...