WTS International, the association for the professional advancement of women in transportation, selected the winners of its annual recognition awards for 2014. Each of the five awards will be presented at an awards banquet on May 15 during the 2014 WTS Annual Conference in Portland, Ore. The award winners are:
- Woman of the Year – Beverly A. Scott, PhD, Chief Executive Officer/Rail & Transit Administrator, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Member of the Year – Jeannie Lee, Project Manager, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Employer of the Year – Federal Transit Administration
- Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award – Claudia Folska, PhD, RTD Board of Directors, District E
- Innovative Transportation Solutions Award – I-5 Skagit River Bridge Replacement Team
More information about each of the 2014 WTS Recognition Award Recipients can be found at this link.