Garmin’s dēzl 580 LMT-S loaded with features to help truckers
Garmin’s dēzl 580 LMT-S GPS Navigator is sort of an electronic Swiss Army knife that has a complement the tools to make your time on the road easier and safer. It also ought to help you save some precious time.
Garmin’s dēzl 580 LMT-S
Designed for trucks and truckers, the dēzl 580 LMT-S provides numerous features that are displayed on the unit’s easy-to-read 5-inch screen. Among them are:
- Detailed maps for North America that include truck-related restrictions – like bridge heights, dangerous curves, weight limits and related information for most major roads and highways. You create a vehicle profile — height, weight, length, width — and get routes suitable for the particular size and weight of your truck.
- The Trip Planner lets you can create multiple-stop routes and plan and save for future trips.
- Easy Route Shaping lets you change your route to include preferred roads or cities with the touch of the screen.
- Break planning with notifications for nearby food, fuel, rest areas and ATMs.
- Locate points of interest drivers need: truck stops, weigh stations, parking, lodging, Wi-Fi service and more. You can search and filter truck stops by brand name or by your preferred amenities, such as showers, scales, Wi-Fi and truck wash.
- The dēzl 580 LMT is equipped with data to help find available parking spaces at truck stops and rest stops.
- The Truck & Trailer Services directory lists more than 30,000 repair and service locations in the U.S. and Canada, including those offering after-hours road service.
- You can sync your smartphone for hands-free calling with the units microphone and speakers. When paired with your phone, text messages and other alerts show up on video screen.
- Voice-activated, hands-free navigation allows you to speak to the dēzl 580 LMT-S GPS Navigator and it responds, while your hands remain on the wheel.
- dēzl 580 LMT-S has an included Service History Log so you can record the dates and type of service performed. Conveniently keep track of tire mileage, tire pressure, oil changes, tire changes and more.
- The dēzl 580 LMT-S has Active Lane Guidance (ALG). ALG uses voice prompts and brightly-colored arrows to indicate the proper lane needed for your route.
- PhotoReal junction view shows exits as they appear in real-life: in full color and great detail.
- Bird’s Eye junction view offers a detailed view of interchanges, looking down from overhead.
- Spoken Garmin Real Directions guide like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights, rather than hard-to-see or nonexistent street signs
It’s easy to keep your maps and software up to date because the dēzl 580 LMT-S features built-in Wi-Fi. When a new update is available and you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll automatically receive an onscreen notification. That’s your cue to plug your device into any outlet and let it update over Wi-Fi while it charges.
You can also see what’s behind your truck by adding a Garmin backup camera (sold separately). dēzl 580 LMT-S is compatible with select Garmin wireless backup cameras.
The dēzl 580 LMT-S is available online and at travel centers.