Todd Roccapriore won Best in Show and other honors with “Widow Maker,” his custom-built 2004 Peterbilt 379 at the 28th Shell Rotella SuperRigs in Lexington, Va.
Show officials awarded the Hebron, Conn., resident $10,000 for his truck, which also led the Best Interior, Best Theme, Best Chrome, Best Lights and Best Engine categories. Best in Show honors automatically places the truck in the 2011 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar.
Roccapriore, along with his wife Beth, designed and fabricated the custom-built dark lime green and black truck, which has a modified trailer. The interior is customized and includes handmade seats and 64 speakers.
Jerry Beaudoin of Southington, Conn., was first runner-up for Best of Show with his
2007 Peterbilt. Mike Manuel of Front Royal, Va., won first place in the Tractor Division with his 2006 Peterbilt 379 and Scott Diller of Bethel, Pa., took top honors in the Tractor/Trailer Division with his 2007 Kenworth W900L and 2008 Mac Stepdeck.
Neil Messerley of Harrisonburg, Va., won for Best Mural with a train mural on his 1991 Mack MH613 Ultraliner. Jerry Kissinger of Stoughton, Wis., took first place in the Classic Division with his 1991 Mack Superliner and snagged the People’s Choice Award.
Owner-operators entered trucks free for $25,000 in prizes and to compete to be pictured in the SuperRigs calendar. Entries are judged on exterior appearance, design, detail/finish, originality and workmanship.
The National Tractor Pull Association Shell Rotella mini-modified tractor debuted at the event, which included a parade, music and movies at the Lee Hi Travel Plaza.
Other winners are listed below:
• Best of Show 2nd Runner Up: Jonathan Eilen, of Hampton, Minn., 2010 Peterbilt 389.
• 2nd Place Tractor/Trailer Division: Chris and Denise Jones, Accokeek, Md., 2007 Kenworth W900 and 2006 Utility Van.
• 3rd Place Tractor/Trailer Division: Cecil Wolfe, of Blue Ridge, Va., 2007 Legacy Class Peterbilt 379 and 2010 CPS Bottom Drop.
• 4th Place Tractor/Trailer Division: Shawn Steven Cielke, of Haugan, Mont., 2006 Kenworth W900B and 2006 Wabash.
• 5th Place Tractor/Trailer Division: Brian Dreher, of Campbellsport, Wis., 2001 Peterbilt, 2000 Great Dane.
• 2nd Place Tractor Division: Jeff Hyde, Eagle Lake, Fla., 2007 Kenworth W900.
• 3rd Place Tractor Division: W.L. and Joyce Shomaker, of Stephen City, Va., 2006 Peterbilt, 379 Flat Top.
• 4th Place Tractor Division: Chad Blackwell, Greenville Va., 2007 Peterbilt 379.
• 5th Place Tractor Division: Nathan Deacon, Lexington, Va., 2005 Peterbilt 379.
• 2nd Place Classic Division: Bill and Cody Warner, Circleville, W.V., 1987 Peterbilt 359.
• 3rd Place Classic Division: M.D. Mullins Heavy Haulin of Bealeton, Va., 1996 Kenworth L900.
• 4th Place Classic Division: Willard Good, Denver, Pa., 1954 LT Mack.
• 5th Place Classic Division: Jerald Harris, Harrisonburg, Va., 369 Peterbilt 1976.
Affected tractors are equipped with an automated Eaton UltraShift Plus or Eaton Advantage Transmission with right hand stalk shifter. In the affected trucks, the display on the instrument panel can indicate “N” when the shifter is set into “D” or “R,” causing the truck not to move.