‘Shipping Wars’ to feature operators in earnings contest
A&E announced the upcoming Shipping Wars reality-TV series, which follows six independent owner-operators pulling freight secured via the uShip.com online freight marketplace as they battle to gain the most net revenue.
The 10-episode half-hour series is set to premiere Jan. 10, at 9 and 9:30 p.m. EST and PST with back to back episodes.
Hauling everything from oversize loads to bulky packages to the truly bizarre, featured truckers include:
- Jennifer Brennan, a rookie hauler who began hauling livestock and has expanded into more exotic hauls, such as a water buffalo and a million-dollar Ferrari.
- Jarrett Joyce, in business for several months.
- Roy Garber, a two-year owner-operator and one of the top earners among the contestants going into the competition.
- Veteran husband-wife team Scott and Suzanne Bawcom. Scott is a former bomb squad specialist in Iraq turned trucker, with Suzanne working the back office.
- Class 8 owner-operator Marc Springer.
One insurance rep cites a likely 25 percent increase in premiums for ...