CRST honors drivers for safety
Eleven drivers were recognized for driving at least 1 million accident-free miles, CRST Expedited, Inc. announced. Among the awardees, Joseph Scherbring was honored for driving 4.6 million accident-free miles in a 40-year career wtih the carrie, based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The drivers are:
• Edgar Ayer, Jr., El Cajon, Calif; 1 million miles
• David Begnell, San Bernardino, Calif.; 1 million miles
• John Ham, Bloomington, Calif; 1 million miles
• Forest Henning, Uniontown, Ohio; 1 million miles
• William Korsgren, Athens, Tenn.;1 million miles
• Earl Mallory, Boonville, Mo.; 1 million miles
• Reginald Walker, Haleyville, Ala; 1 million miles
• Michael Strizak, Stewartsville, Ohio; 2 million miles
• Gregory Moser, Center Point, Iowa; 3 million miles
• Gilbert Weekley, Paden City, W.Va.; 3 million miles
• Joseph Scherbring, Manchester, Iowa; 4.6 million miles
According to the American Trucking Association there are approximately 3.4 million professional truck drivers in the United States. Most individual long-haul drivers average between 100,000 and 110,000 miles per year
One insurance rep cites a likely 25 percent increase in premiums for ...