Daimler brands display ‘star power’ at MATS
admin | March 27, 2014
- ParkSmart HVAC system combined with Optimized Idle: An integration of two systems, this new feature automatically starts the engine if both the main and auxiliary battery packs are depleted.
- Yellow B-Pillar Grab Handle: This brightly colored handle option is more visible for cab entry, especially when it is dark outside.
- Leaf Spring Suspension Rating: The new 12.5K rated leaf spring suspension complements the Detroit front axle offering and provides a smoother ride and is lighter weight than a 13.3k suspension.
- Genuine Bendix AD-9SI Air Dryer: More than 40 percent lighter with an additional 25 percent increase in capacity over the current AD-IP dryer, this new air dryer has a spin-on cartridge, enabling faster replacement.
- Bright Finish Aero Mirror (for the Cascadia Evolution): This new bright finish option adds to the other stylish options offered by Freightliner, giving customers more options to customize their trucks.
- LED Flush Mounted Lights: Providing bright and clean light, the new back-of-cab flush mounted LED lights also draw less amperage and have a longer life than incandescent lamps.
- New Daycab Roof Fairings: Redesigned to optimize aerodynamics for non-Evolution models, the new Cascadia day cab roof deflector improves aerodynamics, resulting in up to a 3.7 percent increase in fuel economy.
- Bulb Out Detection: The bulb out detection system automatically performs a check to determine if exterior lamps are functioning, and notifies drivers via an in-dash light if an exterior lamp fails to turn on.
- A-Pillar Grab Handle: A great option for drivers who frequently get in and out of their tractor or who can’t reach the door handle easily, this additional grab handle can make it easier to enter the cab.