TCA names 2012 Owner-Operator of Year finalists
Truckload Carriers Association and Randall-Reilly Business Media & Information Company have announced the owner-operator finalists in the 2012 Driver of the Year competition.
The following 11 drivers will compete for the Owner-Operator of the Year contest:
- Bradley Chapdelaine, Dart Transit
- James Leatherwood, Louisiana Transportation
- Larry McCann , Tennant Truck Lines
- Michael McCoy, Great American Lines
- Gary McGinnis, Universal Am-Can
- Jimmy McSwain, Sunco Carriers
- Thomas & Karen Moore, Thomas Moore Transportation (team drivers)
- Donnie Parsons, The Mason & Dixon Line
- Jeanette Simpson, Landstar Ranger
- Robert Stewart, Interstate Distributor Co.
In December 2012, TCA will select the top three finalists. The grand prize winner will be announced at TCA’s Annual Convention, March 3-6, 2013, at the Wynn Las Vegas.
Each owner-operator finalist will be profiled in a 2012 issue of Overdrive.
Jeff Mason, vice president of group publishing at Randall-Reilly, publisher of Truckers News and Overdrive, said, “It is our privilege to be able to interview and showcase each contest finalist to share what makes them successful with the rest of the industry. We’ll make sure that everyone knows their stories and what it took for each finalist to be named one of trucking’s best.”
"There probably should be some minimum standards. But as long as the ...