20 Best Fleets to Drive For based on pay, benefits, career path named by TCA
The Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge announced their annual list of the 20 Best Fleets to Drive For, compiled based on criteria like total compensation package (base pay, bonuses vacation), health benefits, pension plans, advancement opportunities, professional development opportunities, driver turnover rate and the fleet’s safety record.
The winners are:
- Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Brian Kurtz Trucking Ltd., Breslau, Ontario
- Central Oregon Trucking Company, Inc., Redmond, Oregon
- DJ Knoll Transport Ltd., Emerald Park, Saskatchewan
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Gordon Trucking, Inc., Pacific, Washington
- Grammer Industries, Inc., Grammer, Indiana
- Grand Island Express, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wisconsin
- Kriska Holdings Ltd., Prescott, Ontario
- Landstar System, Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
- Load One, LLC, Taylor, Michigan
- Motor Carrier Service, Inc., Northwood, Ohio
- Paramount Freight Systems, LLC, Ft. Myers, Florida
- Prime Inc., Springfield, Missouri
- Sue Vinje Trucking, Superior, Wisconsin
- TimeLine Logistic International Ltd., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Transpro Freight Systems, Ltd., Milton, Ontario
- Trimac Transportation, Calgary, Alberta
The nomination process began in the fall, and company drivers and owner-operators nominated carriers with 10 or more trucks. Afterward, CarriersEdge interviewed representatives from the carriers and evaluated on a scoring matrix. Drivers for the carriers were also surveyed, results of which were factored into the scoring.
The smallest of the fleets chose has 25 drivers, and the largest has more than 8,500.
TCA will announce at its annual convention in March in Grapevine, Texas, winners of the Best Overall Fleet for Owner-Operators and Best Overall Fleet for Company Drivers awards.