Motor carriers from five pilot states will discuss their experiences under Comprehensive Safety Analysis 2010 during a webinar to be broadcast from 1-4 p.m. central time on Sept. 8.
“CSA 2010: The Pilot State Experience” will feature presentations by senior management from seven motor carriers:
• Scott Anderson, ATS Specialized, St. Cloud, Minn.;
• Sam Anderson, Bay & Bay Transport, Rosemount, Minn.;
• Jack Curry, American Central Transport, Liberty, Mo.;
• Sherwin Fast, Great Plains Trucking, Salina, Kan.;
• Phil Hinshaw, Sammons Trucking, Missoula, Mont.;
• Richard Jenkins, Brown Trucking Co., Lithonia, Ga.; and
• Donna Underwood, Steelman Transportation, Springfield, Mo.
Delivered in case study format, the seven presentations will address why they were selected for an intervention, what type they experienced, changes they have made in their operations in response to the intervention, and their experience with shippers and brokers under this new framework. The presentations will be followed by a live one-hour question-and-answer session.
Motor carriers in CSA 2010 pilot states have a unique perspective, says Minnesota Trucking Association President John Hausladen. “They know what this new enforcement program is like, both on the roadside and how it plays out during compliance reviews,” Hausladen says. “Motor carriers in the remaining states are hungry to gain this knowledge before their state goes live with the program. Carriers like to hear from their peers, and this webinar offers just that.”
The webinar is a cooperative venture among six state trucking associations: Georgia Motor Trucking Association, Kansas Motor Carriers Association, Minnesota Trucking Association, Missouri Trucking Association, Motor Carriers of Montana and New Jersey Motor Truck Association. In addition, 28 other state trucking associations have signed as co-sponsors of the webinar.