New Century Transportation Driver John Jensen won Truckers News’ June “Road Signage” photo challenge with the humorous juxtaposition pictured – “I saw the sign and the dropped trailer as I was pulling into the fuel lanes” at a truck stop in Kentucky “and immediately laughed and made a note to get a shot when I was done fueling,” he says.
Jensen has a particular affection for signs – he also sent in a montage of speed-limit signs with odd mph numbers, such as a 3 and 2/3, and a sign from a shipper location the Carlisle, Pa.-based driver often visits on Long Island, N.Y., proclaiming “Do not enter!” and “Entrance only!” He participated in the contest via the magazine’s Flickr.com driver photo group at http://flickr.com/groups/truckersnews. Drivers can also participate in Truckers News’ monthly photo challenge via the magazine’s Facebook page.
Jensen received a copy of Michael Freeman’s Photographer’s Eye, as well as publication in Truckers News’ August issue, as prize.
July’s photo challenge: Summer
This month’s contest asks for “Summer” pictures. Drivers can enter the contest simply by posting their photo to Truckers News’ Facebook page at http://facebook.com/truckersnewsmag and following up with an email of details to Senior Editor Todd Dills. Drivers with a photography interest are still encouraged to join the contest-hosting Flickr.com group at http://flickr.com/groups/truckersnews. Find full contest rules below. Prizes this month will include a copy of Michael Freeman’s The Complete Digital Photography guidebook, as well as publication in the August issue of the magazine.
To enter to July “Summer” challenge
1. Post your appropriately themed, high-resolution (at least 1,500 by 900 pixels) photo to the group pool at http://flickr.com/group/truckersnews by midnight July 31. (Alternately, you may email Todd Dills at email@example.com if you’re having difficulty posting.)
2. Send an email with your full name, location/mailing address and your trucking business’ profile in brief (who you drive for or whether you run on your own authority as an owner-operator, etc.) to Todd Dills at firstname.lastname@example.org — include “photo contest” in the subject line and a link to the original Flickr location of your entered picture as well.
1. Post your appropriately themed photo to Truckers News Facebook page at http://facebook.com/truckersnewsmag by midnight July 31.
2. Send an email with your full name, location/mailing address and your trucking business’ profile in brief (who you drive for or whether you run on your own authority as an owner-operator, etc.) to Todd Dills at email@example.com — include “photo contest” in the subject line and indicate your Facebook profile name if different from your actual name.
3. Attach the highest-resolution version of the picture you posted to the Facebook page.
Affected tractors are equipped with an automated Eaton UltraShift Plus or Eaton Advantage Transmission with right hand stalk shifter. In the affected trucks, the display on the instrument panel can indicate “N” when the shifter is set into “D” or “R,” causing the truck not to move.