Trucker Buddy International honored its 2014 Outstanding Trucker Buddies at a ceremony March 28 in Louisville, Ky., at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
Trucker Buddy is a pen pal program that matches truck drivers with elementary school classrooms, and the truckers and the classes write letters or send postcards to one another. The teachers involved in the program use the postcards as springboards for lessons on geography and more.
Teachers nominate Trucker Buddies for recognition for the monthly awards in the program.
The Outstanding Trucker Buddies named for 2014 are:
- Jim Stinemates, Walmart Transportation
- Ron Wagganer, URSA Logistics
- Jacquie Knight-Lebis and John Lebis, Schneider National
- Bob Cravens, Walmart Transportation
- Matt Slovack, Don Hummer Trucking
- Fred Sweetwood, Walmart Transportation
- Anthony Spero, ABF Freight Systems
- Linda Caffee, FedEx Expedited Services