It seems like it was only yesterday that we were ringing in the new year and trying to contain our excitement about what was to come.
Flash forward and in what seems like an instant — granted one fraught with danger, inconvenience and uncertainty — we’re scrutinizing our Christmas list of what to buy for who.
The current issue of the Overdrive Truckers News Truckers Gear Guide delivers plenty of holiday help and a collection of tips on how to take care of yourself while on the road, including one very tasty recipe. For your reading enjoyment, this current Gear Guide includes:
- A look at how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed life at one of the constants of trucker life: the truck stop. Members of the RoadPro Family of Brands driver community Brake Time weigh in on how truck stops are doing these days. Their comments touch on the major chains and also independent and mom and pop locations.
- Insight into the Top Tech items that can make life on the road easier and even a bit more enjoyable. There’s a look at Google’s new Pixel 5 smartphone, a Bluetooth speaker as affordable as it is powerful, and the lowdown on 3,000-watt power inverter to fuel all your driving devices.
- Tips from veteran driver Sierra Sugar on self-care while on the road. She provides insights into staying positive, relaxing and how disconnecting from social media can be helpful while on the road and off.
- A recipe for baked blueberry oatmeal made with one of the essentials of life on the road, a RoadPro portable stove.
- And, since you may not have time to look for every perfect gift for every person on your Christmas list, there’s a Holiday Shopping Guide. (This is also a great list for hints to give those who are shopping for you!)
Yes, the tumultuous year of 2020 is on the wane, and hope for better days and more opportunities loom. The new Overdrive Truckers News Truckers Gear Guide can help make the holidays brighter and ensure 2021 is safer and more comfortable for all truckers.