John Christner announces bonus
John Christner Trucking, Sapulpa, Okla., will implement a new idle time bonus plan. Drivers who have an annual idle time of 30 percent or less will receive an additional 1-cent-per-mile bonus.
Carriers open facilities
Landstar System opened a multi-purpose trailer interchange facility in Laredo, Texas.
Averitt Express opened a new service center in San Antonio to replace Averitt’s previous center.
C.R. England’s renovated facility in Spartanburg, S.C., provides medical services and exercise equipment.
Hunt inducts drivers
J.B. Hunt, Lowell, Ark., will induct 2,383 van, dedicated contract services and intermodal drivers into its 50K Club for 2000, a club that recognizes drivers who earn more than $50,000 annually.
Awards & Recognition
· CFI, Joplin, Mo., announced its Year 2000 awards:
Ricky Hilaire, Contract Driver of the Month
Ken and Ginger Upton, Contractor Team of the Month.
· Jones Motor, Spring City, Pa., named Karl Jancsics Driver of the Year.
· Roberson Transportation, Champaign, Ill., presented Randy Samson with a Million-Mile Award. He is the company’s 296th million-mile driver.
· Hot Shot Express, Spring City, Pa., named Everitt Falconer Driver of the Year.
· Melton Truck Lines, Tulsa, Okla., recognized seven drivers for reaching 1 million or more safe miles.