The Truckload Carriers Association has named 18 division winners of its 36th annual National Fleet Safety Awards.
Sponsored by Great West Casualty Company, the awards recognize trucking companies that demonstrate a superior commitment to safety and accident reduction.
The division winners will be recognized at TCA’s annual convention, March 4-7, as well as during TCA’s Safety and Security Division annual meeting, May 20-22.
All division winners are eligible to compete for two grand prizes, one for less than 25 million annual miles and one for 25 million or more annual miles. To win the grand prize, companies will be judged on their overall safety programs, both on- and off-highway, including employee driver/independent contractor selection procedures, training, supervision, accident investigation, inspection and maintenance of equipment, and outside activities, including general highway safety.
The two grand prize winning companies will also be honored at TCA’s Annual Convention and then again during TCA’s Safety and Security Division annual meeting.
Below are the divisional winners based on low accident frequency ratios per million miles:
Division I winners (Less than 5 million miles)
- Rocha Transportation, Ceres, Calif.
- Art Pape Transfer Inc., Dubuque, Iowa
- Specialty Transport Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
Division II winners (5-14.99 million miles)
- Southland Transportation Co., Boonville, N.C.
- Houff Transfer Inc., Weyers Cave, Va.
- Skyline Transportation Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
Division III winners (15-24.99 million miles)
- Stagecoach Cartage & Dist., El Paso, Texas
- Grand Island Express, Grand Island, Neb.
- Ace Doran Hauling & Rigging, Cincinnati, Ohio
Division IV winners (25-49.99 million miles)
- Titan Transfer Inc., Shelbyville, Tenn.
- Erb International Inc., New Hamburg, Ontario
- N. Yanke Transfer, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Division V winners (50-99.99 million miles)
- Groupe Robert Inc., Rougemont, Québec
- Navajo Express Inc., Denver, Colo.
- May Trucking Company, Salem, Ore.
Division VI winners (100 million or more miles)
- Bison Transport Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Gordon Trucking Inc., Pacific, Wash.
- Roehl Transport Inc., Marshfield, Wis.