Fewer than two weeks remain before the deadline for the 2018 International Driver Excellence Award (IDEA) program conducted by the trucking industry/enforcement partnership that is the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance. Nomination packets must be received by next Friday, Jan. 12, CVSA emphasizes.
IDEA recognizes the extraordinary careers of professional commercial motor vehicle drivers and their commitment to public safety.
The 2018 IDEA winner will receive:
- A check for $2,500
- A crystal trophy
- Airfare for the winner and one guest to Portland, Oregon, to receive his/her award on Monday, April 9, 2018, during the general session of the CVSA Workshop
- Two-night hotel stay at the Hilton Portland Downtown in Portland, Oregon
Nominees must have:
- At least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- No felony convictions
- No safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- No driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner hours violations
CVSA is accepting nominations through Friday, Jan. 12. Complete nomination packets must be received in full by the deadline date. Download a nomination form and access further information via this link.