Interstate Companies, Inc., headquartered in Minneapolis as of early this month added the North Dakota-based Trucks of Bismarck dealership to what is a growing network of locations. Details of the purchase of the North Dakota dealership were not released by the privately held companies. Trucks of Bismarck had been owned by the Olson family since 1973. Mark Olson, president and general manager, represented the company at the June 30 closing.
The dealership reopened on July 2 as I-State Truck Center-Bismarck, the 8th Freightliner branch in the I-State division, which serves customers at locations from western Montana to eastern Minnesota.
The purchase gives Interstate Companies six locations in five cities across the state of North Dakota.
- Bismarck – I-State Truck Center, Interstate PowerSystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate Industrial Systems
- Fargo – Interstate PowerSystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate Industrial Systems
- Grand Forks – Interstate PowerSystems
- West Fargo – Interstate AssemblySystems
- Williston – Interstate PowerSystems, Interstate BearingSystems
With the acquisition of Trucks of Bismarck, Interstate now employs about 1,500 people and operates 43 business units in 30 locations across 12 states in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain regions.