The Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) nonprofit organization will broadcast a press conference from the National Mall in Washington, D.C., Tuesday, January 15 at 10 a.m. EST. The event introduces the “Everyday Heroes” Kenworth T680 specially custom-designed to be auctioned later this year, with proceeds going to benefit TAT.
To tune into the live stream of the press conference, visit the Truckers Against Trafficking page on Facebook. A Facebook account, say Kenworth reps, is not required to access the video. In case you’re unable to stream the live event, video will be saved on the TAT Facebook page and can be viewed at a later time.
Key speakers are set to include:
- Karl A. Racine, attorney general for the District of Columbia;
- Rep. Ann Wagner (Mo.), a sponsor of recently introduced bipartisan legislation directed toward bolstering the fight against human trafficking in the Fight Illicit Networks and Detect (FIND) Trafficking Act of 2019 (H.R. 502), also unsuccessfully introduced (ultimately unsuccessful in passing) in the last Congress;
- Kevin Baney, Kenworth assistant general manager of sales and marketing;
- Kendis Paris, executive director and co-founder of Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT);
- And Don Blake, new truck sales manager, Inland Kenworth – Phoenix.
The special “Everyday Heroes” T680, as previously reported, is slated to be auctioned in May at Phoenix’ Ritchie Bros. location.