Daimler Trucks North America announced recently a recall of approximately 741 trucks due to the vehicles potentially having insufficient service brake air reservoir capacity, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration documents.
DTNA says the affected trucks fail to comply with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard because to the issue. Insufficient air reservoir volume could reduce brake effectiveness, the company adds.
Truck models included in the recall are:
- 2013-2019 Freightliner Cascadia
- 2005-2009 Freightliner Columbia
- 2014-2015 Western Star 4700
- 2015 Western Star 4900
- 2006 Western Star 6900
- 2013-2018 Freightliner 108SD
- 2014-2019 Freightliner 114SD
- 2014 Freightliner 122SD
- 2004-2005 Freightliner FL80 Business Class
- 2010 Freightliner FLD
- 2005-2017 Freightliner M2
- 2018-2019 Freightliner M2 Business Class
- 2005-2007 Sterling Acterra
- 2007 Sterling L7500
- 2006-2007 Sterling L8500
- 2004-2006 Sterling L9500
- 2007 Sterling LT7500
- 2007 Sterling LT8500
- 2005-2008 Sterling LT9500
Daimler will notify owners of affected trucks, and dealers will add reservoir capacity to the trucks. Owners can contact DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712 with recall number FL-815. NHTSA’s recall number is 19V-370.