Attendees of the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas next month will have the opportunity to sit in on a number of stage events, including educational sessions, awards ceremonies, a singing contest and more.
GATS will be held Aug. 22-24 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas.
There will be three stages hosting events during the show – the Hall A Stage, Hall D Stage and the Landstar Health and Wellness Pavilion Stage. Sessions and events for the Health and Wellness Pavilion Stage have not yet been finalized. Event schedules the Hall A and Hall D stages are as follows:
Hall A Stage
- Thursday, Aug. 22, 1:30 p.m.: Chevron
- 3 p.m.: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration “Hot Topics” session on ELD implementation, the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and more
- Friday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m.: Trucker Tools
- 2 p.m.: Trucking’s Top Rookie award presentation
- 3:30 p.m.: Overdrive-Red Eye Radio’s Trucker Talent Search sing-off
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 10:30 a.m.: Samsara
- 11:30 a.m.: Overdrive’s Partners in Business workshop
- 1 p.m.: FMCSA Hot Topics
- 2:30 p.m.: Real Women in Trucking Queen of the Road presentation
Hall D Stage
- Thursday, Aug. 22, 1 p.m.: Taxation Solutions “Rules of the Road” seminar on trucker taxes and bookkeeping
- 2:30 p.m.: Trucker Tools
- Friday, Aug. 23, 11:30 a.m.: Overdrive’s Partners in Business workshop
- 1 p.m.: Keep Truckin’
- 2 p.m.: Overdrive’s Partners in Business workshop
- 3:30 p.m.: Taxation Solutions
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 10 a.m.: Overdrive’s Pride & Polish awards ceremony
- 12 p.m.: Truck Parking Problems – hear some early results of a driver survey highlighting Texas’ particularly parking needs, and share your own expertise on corridors within the state with TXDOT.
- 2:30 p.m.: Overdrive’s Partners in Business workshop
In addition to its two one-hour stage sessions, FMCSA will also be hosting a two-hour listening session with an update from Administrator Ray Martinez from 10 a.m. to noon on Friday, Aug. 23 in meeting room C146 in the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
Those interested in attending the 2019 Great American Trucking Show can register for free online here.