The latest device for truckers from Rand McNally is a true multitasker.
The OverDryve 8 Pro is an all-in-one dashboard device that combines truck navigation, on-board SiriusXM radio, voice assistance, built-in dash cam, hands-free calling and texting, and is E-Log ready. It is expected to be available in travel centers by the end of this month.
The device, built specifically for professional drivers, brings together driving and business tools, in-cab entertainment, and hands-free safety features.
“The OverDryve 8 Pro is quite simply the most robust, driver-focused dashboard device that we’ve ever produced,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “We understand the amount of time professional drivers spend in their trucks so OverDryve™ 8 Pro brings together not only valuable tools to help get the job done, but also a fully loaded entertainment solution that can be used to watch movies, listen to SiriusXM, access social media, and check email.”
With voice assistance, the OverDryve 8 Pro enables drivers to do more hands-free – including texting and calling. All of the audio from OverDryve 8 Pro can be played through a truck cab’s speakers.
The OverDryve 8 Pro’s features include:
- An 8″ high-resolution screen
- Rand McNally truck-specific navigation and routing with truck POIs, advanced lane guidance, toll costs, warnings, fuel logs and more
- Hands-free calling and texting
- Voice assistance
- Audible news, weather, traffic and sports
- Music from drivers’ favorite sources
- A built-in dash camera
- Magnetic mount that makes attaching and removing the device a snap
- Pre-loaded with the Rand McNally DriverConnect logbook app, so the device is ELD-ready