One of the latest entries in Garmin’s growing line of truck-centric navigation devices does more than just refine and improve on earlier models, it actually brings new features and capabilities to make driving easier and safer.
And, what’s not to love about that?
New on the dēzl 780 LMT-S:
- Bigger and brighter 7-inch screen
- Powered magnetic mount
- Connectivity with Garmin’s eLog ELD
- Ability to connect to Garmin’s BC 35 wireless backup camera
But, those are just the icing on this considerable “cake”.
The dēzl 780 LMT-S is loaded with the kind of features professional truckers are coming to depend upon. As living within allowed hours of service becomes more important than ever, the guts of this device prove their value.
- Custom routing for your truck’s specifications and to help you plan your trip, including breaks
- Live services to help you find locations with available parking
- Live traffic and weather reports to help you avoid situations that can cause precious available hours of service to evaporate as you sit in highway congestion
- Notifications of timely breaks, including locations of rest areas, truck stops, and scales
- An option to link to your smartphone to receive text messages from dispatchers (this allows dispatch to track your truck from start to finish)
- Access to TripAdvisor, which rates hotels, restaurants, and other services and attractions
- Built-in wifi to allow software and map updates
- Service history log
- Bluetooth enabled hands-free operations, including making calls
The dēzl 780 LMT-S is available online and at travel centers.