The challenges of being a successful professional truck driver in 2020 are many and varied. Schedules have never been tighter, detention and congestion are growing, while options for safe parking are shrinking. Oh, and there are the ELDs.
So, there’s nothing wrong with seeking and employing all the help you can get. For many drivers that means having a Garmin dēzlCam 785 LMT-S GPS truck navigator on the dash of their truck.
With a 7-inch touchscreen and voice-controlled navigation, the 785 LMT-S GPS delivers an array of features today’s savvy truckers require.
Its built-in dashcam continuously records your drive, capturing and saving the footage whenever an incident is detected. Optional GPS overlay provides location, speed, date and time of the incident to verify when and where the events occurred. You can playback the video on the dēzlCam screen using the VIBA Mobile app on your smartphone or tablet to view and share your footage. In addition to recording, the dash cam also enables advanced driver assistance features such as forward collision and lane departure warnings.
Beyond the dashcam, the Garmin dēzlCam 785 is loaded with helpful features that include:
- voice-activated navigation lets you control your dēzlCam 785 LMT-S with simple voice commands, so your hands can stay on the wheel
- access to data that helps locate available parking spaces at truck stops and rest areas
- preloaded maps that deliver truck-related route warnings — bridge heights, sharp curves, steep grades — for most major roads and highways.
- the ability to enter vehicle profile information (height, weight, length, width and hazardous materials) to find routes suitable for your truck
- easy break planning with timely notifications that help make the most of each stop
- a truck and trailer services directory of more than 30,000 truck repair and service locations in the U.S. and Canada, including those offering after-hours road service
- service history log so you can record the dates and type of service performed, keep track of tire mileage, tire pressure, oil changes, tire changes
The dēzlCam 785 works with Garmin eLog compliant ELD (sold separately) for subscription-free hours of service recording with no smartphone or tablet required.
Available online and at travel centers.