Rand McNally this week released its new annual edition of its Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas. The atlas, designed specifically for professional truck drivers, features updated maps that highlight truck-accessible roads, a roster of current state trucking regulations, and fuel tax charts.
Rand McNally has continued to produce an updated printed Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas for truck drivers for more than 40 years.
Each year, Rand McNally cartographers make major updates to the atlases, focusing on changes that affect professional drivers. This year, those updates include:
- The inclusion of mileage-based exit numbers in Massachusetts and Vermont
- The addition of the southern extension of John Kilpatrick Turnpike in Oklahoma City
- The re-routing of U.S. Hwy. 52, around Dubuque, Iowa
- Updated restricted routes on the maps
- Changes to low-clearance and weigh station locations
- Verification of more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages
- Confirmation of weight and size limitations as mandated by states and provinces plus verified registration guidelines, phone numbers and websites for state police and operating authorities
- Updated contacts for state toll systems, hotlines for road construction and conditions, and a review of hazmat regulations.
The new edition, which comes in paperback as well as a spiral-bound version with write-on/wipe-off laminated pages, is available at travel centers, in bookstores, on e-commerce stores, and on the Rand McNally online store.