Every good preventive maintenance schedule begins with a maintenance escrow savings account. A good formula for this ties the age of the truck to cents-per-mile savings:
- New: 5 cpm
- One year or 150,000 miles: 6 cpm
- Two years or 300,000 miles: 7 cpm
- Three years or 450,000 miles: 8 cpm
- Four years or 600,000 miles: 10 cpm
- Five or more years, or 750,000+ miles: 15 cpm
The Partners in Business program is produced by Overdrive and the consultants at ATBS, the nation’s largest owner-operator business services firm. Download the comprehensive "Partners in Business" owner-operator business manual, covering topics from start-up to expansion with multiple trucks. There, find much more information about the ins and outs of safety, maintenance and business processes, among a myriad other topics.