I-70 will be CLOSED between I-470 & I-435 in both directions beginning at 10 p.m. Friday 6/8, thru 5 a.m. Monday, 6/11. It will have MAJOR traffic impacts. Motorists MUST use the posted detours or another route. Ramp closures & details here: https://t.co/AgbiRcnyhG pic.twitter.com/gBalLwWUGb
— MoDOT Kansas City (@MoDOT_KC) May 24, 2018
Truckers traveling through Kansas City next weekend should plan for a detour as the Missouri Department of Transportation will completely close I-70 in both directions between I-435 and I-470.
The closure will begin at 10 p.m. Friday, June 8, and last through approximately 5 a.m. Monday, June 11. During this time, crews will demolish the Pittman Road, Crysler Avenue and Phelps Road bridges over I-70.
Several I-70 Eastbound and Westbound ramps will also be closed throughout the weekend:
- Manchester Trafficway to eastbound I-70
- Northbound and southbound I-435 ramps to eastbound I-70
- Blue Ridge Cutoff ramp to eastbound I-70
- Highway 40 ramp to eastbound I-70
- Blue Ridge Blvd. Ramp to eastbound I-70
- Noland Road ramp to eastbound I-70
- Northbound and southbound I-470/Route 291 ramps to westbound I-70
- Lee’s Summit Road ramp to westbound I-70
- Noland Road ramp to westbound I-70
- Highway 40 ramp to westbound I-70
MoDOT says there will be detours using I-470 and I-435. Eastbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane from Manchester Trafficway to Blue Ridge Cutoff, and any traffic that doesn’t follow the detour onto I-435 Southbound will be moved off at Blue Ridge Cutoff. Westbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane before the Route 291 and I-470 interchange, and all traffic will be routed onto southbound Route 291/I-470.
Additionally, Route 291 Southbound just north of I-70 will be reduced to one lane to accommodate merging traffic from I-70 Westbound.