RoadSync is a digital payment platform for the logistics industry, including trucking, allowing money to flow quickly and securely between freight handlers and owner-operators, trucking companies and truck repair shops, brokers and other combinations therein. The company recently said it had reached the $100 million milestone in payments processed since its platform’s launch just two years ago.
Founded with a goal of reducing payment processing time and maximizing revenue collection, as with some other mobile-payment applications geared toward trucking the platform allows customers to:
- Create custom invoices and work orders and send them via text or email.
- Verify and accept payments by fleet check, credit/debit card, and ACH.
- Receive payments directly into bank accounts to eliminate trips to the bank.
- Monitor revenue daily.
- Minimize fraud and theft by using digital payments.
- Significantly cut down on processing times.
“Moving away from paper payments to using the RoadSync platform has saved us both time and money,” said Jay Klika, general manager at Interstate Warehousing. “We can focus more on drivers rather than spending time on the phone getting payments authorized and processed.”
RoadSync’s goal is to build out the platform for the entire industry and will be announcing new features in the second half of 2019.