The second season of the ChampTruck World Series truck racing circuit begins next month, with two race weekends scheduled on the East Coast. Eight additional races are scheduled to follow the two April events, eventually leading to the series’ Las Vegas finale in late October.
ChampTruck’s first 2016 race weekend is scheduled for April 9 and 10 at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Jupiter, Fla. The other April event will take place April 30 at the Virginia International Raceway in Alton, Va.
Drivers and teams compete for points in each race, culminating in both a season driver points champion and a team points champion. Last year’s races featured competitors ranging from small fleet owners to trucking industry suppliers, European truck racers, offroad vehicle racers and Mack technician Mike Morgan, who took home the driver points championship.
Tickets for adults will cost $10 each, with children under 15 admitted free. The weekends feature several heat races, along with a points-earning finale and other entertainment.
For complete coverage of last year’s events – including videos, photos and team profiles –visit OverdriveOnline.com/ChampTruck.
2016 ChampTruck World Series schedule
- April 9-10: Palm Beach International Raceway, Jupiter, Fla.
- April 30: Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Va.
- May 20-21: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, N.J.
- June 11-12: Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Ill.
- July 29-30: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
- September 10-11: Motor Sports Ranch Houston, Angleton, Texas
- September 16-17: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, La.
- October 1-2: Motorsports Park Hastings, Hastings, Neb.
- October 22-23: Portland International Raceway, Portland, Ore.
- October 28-30: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nev.