Garmin announced earlier this month the dēzl OTR610/710/810/1010 trucking navigators, designed to help simplify the over-the-road lifestyle for professional truck drivers.
The reimagined series introduces a refined feature set that includes arrival planning with automatic Birdseye Satellite Imagery to see high-resolution aerial views during truck entrances, security gates and loading dock destinations.
The new navigators also feature larger, high-resolution touchscreens ranging from 6-, 7-, 8- or the robust 10-inch display model. What’s more, the 8-inch and 10-inch displays offer a new split map view showing previews of a remaining route and impending weather conditions with the option to also mount the devices in landscape or portrait mode to see even more details of the route ahead.
“The new dēzl OTR Series brings a level of simplicity for professional truck drivers that will pay dividends during those long day-and-night road hauls,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “And with the new high-resolution satellite imagery, truck drivers can easily boost awareness during complicated dock arrivals.”
Using the Garmin devices, truck drivers can leverage custom truck routing based on the size and weight of their rig and drive with increased awareness of the route ahead with alerts for upcoming bridge heights, weight limits, sharp curves, steep grades and more. In addition, over-the-road drivers can use the route planner feature to preview their overall route and map out fuel stops, comfort breaks and overnight lodging.
The new dēzl OTR series brings several core trucking navigation features across all models to improve life on the road:
- Trucks & Trailer Services provides a directory to filter truck stops by preferred brand or amenity
- Truck Plaza Loyalty points and rewards from popular travel plazas across the U.S. can be viewed on device by pairing a dēzl OTR navigator with the dēzl smart device app
- PrePass notifications of U.S. weigh station and bypass decisions to help drivers save time and improve efficiency
- Real-time services can be used to obtain live traffic, weather and smart notifications when paired with the dēzl app on your compatible smartphone
- Includes map updates of North America with coverage of the U.S., Mexico, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas
Available now, the dēzl OTR610/710/810/1010 trucking series have suggested retail prices ranging from $349.99 to $899.99.