The Truckload Carriers Association and Randall-Reilly Business Media & Information Company have announced the company driver finalists in the 2012 Driver of the Year competition.
The following eight drivers will compete for the Company Driver of the Year contest:
- Freddie Bell, Epes Transport System
- Albert Carter, Melton Truck Lines
- Richard Dearth, Don Hummer Trucking
- Reuben Dupsky Jr., Fremont Contract Carriers
- Neal Ewoldt, Tennant Truck Lines
- Phil Johnson, Marten Transport
- Daniel Poorman, Gordon Trucking
- Danny Smith, Big G Express
In December 2012, TCA will select the top three finalists. The grand prize winner will be announced at TCA’s Annual Convention, March 3-6, 2013, at the Wynn Las Vegas.
Each company driver finalist will be profiled in a 2012 issue of Truckers News.
Jeff Mason, vice president of group publishing at Randall-Reilly, publisher of Truckers News and Overdrive, said, “It is our privilege to be able to interview and showcase each contest finalist to share what makes them successful with the rest of the industry. We’ll make sure that everyone knows their stories and what it took for each finalist to be named one of trucking’s best.”