Arrow Truck Sales is accepting nominations for the Back on the Road program until Dec. 4.
Former trucker and country music singer Aaron Tippin is again helping support the program and will help select the winner.
Arrow is seeking nominations for truck drivers who are looking for a second chance after facing a loss or unfortunate circumstances beyond their control. “Nominations for truckers who have selflessly advocated for the profession and the trucking industry in general are also valid,” Arrow Truck Sales said.
Arrow encourages nominations by friends, family members, associates or even themselves. To nominate, write a compelling 250-word story explaining why the nominee deserves to win and submit it to www.arrowtruck.com/backontheroad.
The winner will be announced next March in Louisville, Ky.
The selected driver will receive a one-year lease on a 2008 Mack Pinnacle 70-inch high-rise sleeper, courtesy of Mack Trucks Inc., and a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express.
In addition to the truck and work agreement, the winner will receive:
- XOne XDA Energy Tires from Michelin;
- TriPac auxiliary power unit from Thermo King;
- $500 monthly fuel cards from Pilot Flying J Travel Centers;
- Business consulting tools from ATBS;
- Insurance from the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association;
- A 3-year/300k-mile warranty from National Truck Protection Inc.;
- One year’s worth of filter products from Mack Genuine Parts;
- Custom truck paint job from Dickinson Fleet Services;
- Truck accessories and fenders from Minimizer Products;
- Memory foam mattress from SleepDog Mattress;
- Paint from DuPont; and
- Health assessment and checkups from Rolling Strong.
Mack Trucks is this year’s presenting sponsor.