With 2017 on the horizon, BestPass is reminding drivers of new tolls and increasing toll rates across the country.
Beginning Dec. 30, three Ohio River bridges will begin tolling — the new I-65 Abraham Lincoln Bridge, the I-65 Kennedy Bridge and the new East End bridge. These toll locations are all-electronic with no toll booth. BestPass says its services will cover these tools.
The company offers transponders compatible with E-ZPass and other toll methods.
The company also warned of several increased toll rates coming in other states around the first of the year:
- E-ZPass and cash customers on the Pennsylvania Turnpike will see a 6 percent increase beginning Jan. 8.
- Truckers in Illinois will see a 10 percent increase from 2014’s toll rate.
- Five-axle trucks on the Chicago Skyway will see tolls increase from $25.20 during peak times to $29.40 during those hours.
- Virginia’s Elizabeth River tunnel rates will increase for heavy vehicles from $6 to $7.70 during peak hours.
- Oklahoma Turnpike rates are increasing 12 percent for both cash and transponder users.