Trucking technology is at its best when it keeps you connected, keeps you informed, and keeps you safe.
Uniden’s BearTracker 885 CB radio does all of that. That’s because, in addition to being a top of the line CB, it also has a built-in GPS to scan for and keep you aware of police, fire, ambulance, and DOT radio traffic where you’re driving.
Uniden says the BearTracker Warning System alerts you whenever there is nearby public safety radio traffic. It does this by automatically checking for the low-power signals produced by the radio in the public safety vehicles. If you get an alert, you know that there is some sort of public safety activity within only a couple of miles from you.
Uniden’s BearTracker 885 CB’s features include:
- seven-color LCD display
- 4-watt RF power
- weather alert
- PA function
- wireless mic compatibility
- ANL noise blanking
- SWR meter
- antenna system check
- vehicle power check
- CB/scan priority selection
- mic and RF gain
- scan system types include conventional analog, Motorola, LTR, EDACS, APCO P25 Phase I and Phase II
- includes VHF, UHF, 700/800 MHz
- quick avoid for unwanted channels
- individually select types of channels to receive
- free database updated weekly
- BearTracker Warning System radar alerts
Keep in mind that not all states allow scanners to be used in vehicles. Check regulations for states in which you can use one.
Available at travel centers and online for about $399.