Read the headlines any day of the week and the reminders are everywhere:
- Truck too tall for low bridge
- Trucker ticketed for driving through residential neighborhood
- Drivers complain they cannot find safe parking
- Cops crack down on truckers using smartphones
None of those news stories had to be written if truckers only had the right tools to plan their routes properly and make mid-course adjustments to compensate for congestion, bad weather or other delays.
Garmin’s dēzl 780 LMT-S trucker-specific navigator is one such tool. Loaded with features professional drivers need, this Garmin is all about keeping drivers on the right path.
The features on the dēzl 780 LMT-S include:
- custom routing for your truck’s specifications to help you plan your trip
- Bluetooth enabled hands-free operation, including making and taking calls from your connected smartphone
- live services to help you find locations with available parking
- notifications for timely breaks, including the locations of rest areas, truck stops, and scales
- built-in wifi to allow software and map updates
- traffic and weather reports so you avoid situations that can cause available hours of service to evaporate
With a bright 7-inch screen, the dēzl 780 is the sort of driver information console that can make every driver’s days more profitable and a bit less harrowing.
The dēzl 780 LMT-S can connect to Garmin’s eLog ELD and Garmin’s BC 35 wireless backup camera, both sold separately.
The dēzl 780 LMT-S is available online and at travel centers.