The BigRoad provider of logbook apps and other software and NexLink Communications, a distributor of wireless devices, are teaming up to launch the “Open Truck Alliance” to help truckers significantly improve compliance by eliminating errors and fines that come from manual, paper-based data entry.
Says Terry Frey, co-founder and COO of BigRoad, “Until now, the challenge with adding new technologies has been the confusing, fragmented buying process where hardware, software, carrier service, mountings and other support services all required separate agreements. BigRoad and NexLink are out to change that with a one-stop shop that coordinates everything a fleet owner/operator needs.”
Frey estimates that a 10-truck fleet can save $30,000 a year by implementing the BigRoad/NexLink solution, by avoiding costly hours audit fees and fines, and by eliminating the need for faxes. Technology provided by the Open Truck Alliance also helps fleets gain efficiencies and make more informed decisions through better data management.
“Fleet operators clearly see the advantages that the BigRoad app provides. Now, they can look to NexLink for affordable end-to-end packages inclusive of hardware (phones and/or tablets), software, customizable rate plans, insurance, accessories such as brackets and mounting, and mobile device tracking,” says Jeff Messano, NexLink president.
The BigRoad logging app will be pre-loaded on all NexLink devices sold under the Open Truck Alliance, equipping each truck with a fully compliant electronic logging device.
The following services will be available as part of the alliance:
* Effortless and error-free electronic driver logs
* Real-time tracking of HOS availability, location and traffic
* Streamlined vehicle inspection reports
* Roadside inspection risk dashboard
* Document management and instant messaging
* State-by-state mileage reporting linked to GPS
NexLink, as part of its one-stop-shop, adds:
* Hardware: A range of new and pre-owned devices from both premium and lower cost manufacturers (phones and tablets)
* Software provisioning: Lock-downs, upgrades, proprietary software loading
* Rate plans: Customizable rate plans offered through all major carriers
* Services: Insurance, leasing options, repair and replacement
* Accessories: Mountings, cases, brackets
* Mobile device management (MDM)